Looking for that dessert to wow a crowd? It’s the one that you’ll make over and over, and everyone asks for the recipe? Follow Head Chef Igor Tymchyshyn’s recipe to win your guests over.
75g egg white
1/2 teaspoon corn flour
1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1. Start off by putting your egg whites in a mixing bowl and slowly start to whip.
2. Once the egg white has been whipping for 1 minute add the sugar,white wine vinegar, corn flour and continue to whip.
3. Whip the egg white till it gets to soft peaks ( whip until the mix is hard and holding together)
4. Place the mix in a popping bag making a small cut in order to pipe it.
5. On a oven tray lined with grease proof paper or silicon baking mat start to pipe the meringue to be desired size.
6. Once piped place the tray in the oven at 99 degrees ( gas mark 2) and cook for 15 to 30 minutes
7. Once cooked remove tray from oven and cool down and reserve for plate up.
250ml double cream
100g icing sugar
1 vanilla pod
1. In a medium mixing bowl place the cream, icing sugar and vanilla pod ( beans)
2. Start to whip in a figure eight motion till the cream is just whipped ( soft peaks)
3. Once whipped place in pipping bat and reserve.
50g icing sugar
1. Wash the strawberries and dry
2. Cut the stalk out of the strawberry (green leaf)
3. Cut into quarters and mix with icing sugar and reserve for plating